Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Ride blog event

This holiday start a new tradition.

We put up the Christmas tree, hang the lights on the house, sing a carol, and bake cookies, candy and fudge. It’s the same routine and I for one love the emotional response I get from twinkling lights and the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg.

But this year, instead of feeling tired and glad that the shopping, holiday parties, and making magic are over for another year, I’m going to start a new tradition. Nothing gratuitous, but I’m going to fill a need in me and gift myself with something special I can continue until next season when all the magic happens again.

Each year I make a New Year’s resolution to be healthy, happy and wise. (okay, healthy, happy and wise translate to lose weight, take a vacation, and be wise and stick to a budget.)

This year I’m going to find something that will make a difference in my world. I don’t know if it will be one morning a week at the coffee shop with my laptop, or perhaps an evening going to bed an hour early, letting my husband put the children to bed so that I can read a sexy story from the Scarlet Rose garden. (Then maybe he’ll come to bed early too.)

So if you could start a new tradition just for you, what would you like that to be?
Those who comment will be put into a drawing for a 6.00 gift certificate to the Wilder Roses bookstore.

Thank you

Lisa Dawn
Marketing Director
The Wild Rose Press

And don’t forget to play along with the additional contest of collecting holiday songs.

To spread more Christmas cheer, the participants of the Christmas Ride blog event are giving one lucky person a $75 Wild Rose Press gift certificate! All you need to do to enter is attend each day's blog post, identify the carol, and make a complete carol list to submit after the final blog post of Christmas Eve. Don't forget to check the list twice! Send it to Christmasrideblog@live.com by midnight, CST Dec. 31st 2008!

Here is your hint for the Wild Rose Press selected Christmas song—

Come and trim my Christmas tree,
With some decorations bought at Tiffany's
I really do believe in you,
Let's see if you believe in me

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring,
I don't mean on the phone,
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight


And tomorrow on the next stop on the Christmas Ride blog event, visit with Ashley Ludwig at http://ashleyelizabethludwig.blogspot.com/

Don't forget to leave a comment to enter a drawing from a 6.00 Wilder Roses gift certificate, and collect all the Holiday songs, email them to Christmasrideblog@live.com for a chance at the grand prize.

24 comments:

Skhye said...

Great post! Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

Gina Marie Pettitt said...

A tradition to change my world would be to create a special bedtime ritual that will relax and take me off to sleep. I use to have one and my insomnia was much less but I lost it someplace over the years.

Judy said...

I have the same problem. I cannot go to bed at a decent time. I lie there with a thousand things on my mind (by the way I do not worry about them during the day only at night when my head lays down). I wish I could find something to close my mind at night (that doesn't make me droggy in the morning).

Great post and question!!

blessedheart said...

Your carol was almost too easy...LOL! Happy Holidays!

Blessings,
Rhonda :0)

jer said...

The christmas carol is "Santa Baby"

Tami Winbush said...

I would like to convince the kids to give up one of their presents and give it to a child who is less fortunate. So, if they are like many kids in the US, instead of 20 presents, they would each get 19! I don't know if the kids would go for it, but if I could get one to start, that is the one!

Stephanie said...

I love Santa, Baby! And thinking of all the babies and kids out there alone in the world, I'm starting a tradition to donate a little something so they have something to love.

Helen Hardt said...

I just watched a video on YouTube with this song, featuring my favorite hottie, Gerard Butler.

Go Santa, Baby!

Helen

Infogypsy said...

Well, traditions are great! Quite a few of our family's have gone by the way since we're so wide flung across America.

A tradition we began this year, though, is to give each family an animal (cow, chicken, llama, etc.) donated to a needy family around the world by The Heifer Project (www.heifer.org.

Lynn Romaine
www.ecosuspense.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh, one of my favorites. Great post. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

LORETTA CANTON said...

I am going to take care of myself and give myself time to relax.


loretta

Me :) said...

A tradition I would create would be NO MORE TURKEY for X-Mas dinner in my home! Brisket and sausage sounds like a winner to me :)

Jennifer Johnson said...

I think taking a hot bath just before bed helps me to get to sleep. I'm already doing that, so it can't be a new "be kind to myself" practices. I think I will start putting my husband on my calendar so I can at least once a day have a conversation with him that does not involve trying to figure out who is taking which kid where.
That, I think, will be a gift to both of us.

Catherine Bybee said...

For my New Years promise to myself it's. Balance. Just one word. Remember to tuck my kids in each night, and my hubby. Read a book, write a book, edit a book. Balance with exercise and diet. Not too much of this or too much of that.

Balance. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Unknown said...

Great post! I guess take more time for myself and do some of the things I have been wanting to do.

Cari Quinn said...

My new daily tradition, I think, will be to make sure I take a couple of ME moments each day. Can't take care of anyone else if you let yourself go. :)

Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

One tradition we're trying to start this year with our infant daughter is that Christmas morning is at home, not on the road. I remember one year where my sister and I were at five different houses in three states on Christmas Day--never again!

Debby said...

A new tradition for me would be something speical around the dinner table. We used to do that and now that tradition is gone.

LJ White said...

One of the things I would like to do next year is to find more time to make crafts. I would also like to have an open house next Christmas for all of our friends and family and give everyone a homemade gift.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Anonymous said...

Santa Baby

Kim S. said...

Love Santa Baby, even the one done by Marilyn Monroe!

My Hubs and I made a pledge on Thanksgiving, that we will renew on Christmas as gifts and seal as our New Years resolution on New Years eve, to spend one day a week, from the time he gets home from work until bed, focusing on only each other. No interruptions, just him and I. Because we want to keep our marriage strong and that IS the way we started...just him and I!!

lindseye said...

I want to send one thing out the door for every one thing I bring in the house. Should be interesting. For Christmas this year I want to focus on spending time with family and not on the gifting.

The Wild Rose Press said...

Congratulations to Amy S!
You have won a 6.00 gift certificate to The Wilder Roses bookstore. the erotic romance website of the Wild Rose Press.
Please email me at lisadawn@thewildrosepress.com

Anonymous said...

I love Santa Baby